' sede' - to give up. 'leve' - to get up. 'ale' - to go.

Monday, December 2, 2013

Advent

I really love Advent.

It's the only time I seem to find to breathe. It's peaceful. Meditative. Purposeful, and intentional.

I am a counter. I love firsts and lasts. Birthdays and anniversaries. Routines, traditions. I hold on to the time since one thing has passed. I catalogue and store it away. It means something to me. How long since this, and until that.

Advent is a time to count.

How many blessings. How many joys. How many fears and heartaches.

How many days do we have to prepare?

Because He is coming.

No matter the fears. The good and the bad. What we have and haven't done.

He's coming for everyone. All of us.

In spite of us, actually.

And I can count on it. 


No comments:

Post a Comment