' sede' - to give up. 'leve' - to get up. 'ale' - to go.

Saturday, May 10, 2014

To my mother

You've never thought that you're very funny. But you make me laugh all the time.

And you don't consider yourself to be a very good friend. But you're my best friend.

You used to tell me, Elizabeth, your word is all you have. 

And I've always been too loose with my words. So I look up to you, as who I am capable of being. 

You're honest. And good. 

In fact, you're a remarkable person. And you inspire me. 

I'm so proud of who you are, and prouder still to be yours. Made and nurtured by you. 

I know you wanted to learn from your mother, and raise us differently in some respects, and I can tell you now, because I know I don't tell you enough. 

That I've never known you to be anything,

but mine.

My confidant and my ally. 

Kind and thoughtful. Considerate. Humble. Intentional. Talented. Faithful. Smart. Diligent. Funny. Loyal. Honest. and above all, full. 

Full of love. 

Happy Mother's Day, to my selfless and dear Momma.
 
Thank you for being you. 

We really are the very very best of friends. 


No comments:

Post a Comment