' sede' - to give up. 'leve' - to get up. 'ale' - to go.

Friday, November 28, 2014

Black Friday

I have to be honest with you, I've never understood Black Friday. 

I like a good deal as much as the next person. And a new pair of shoes or a new outfit probably a little bit more. 

So that's not it.

guess you could say I have the desire, but not the energy. 

We've just spent Thursday. Baking. Cooking. Listening to music. Watching football. Playing outside. Taking our dogs to the river. Gathering around a table with family and friends, giving thanks. Celebrating, all the plenty and abundance in our lives. The family. The food. The rich, rich abundance. Our livelihood. Our love. Our happiness.

And it doesn't follow, that the next morning I would race to the store, to buy more things than I had on the day before. When I was abundantly filled and content. 

The one day a year we really celebrate thankfulness. 

For all that we have. That it is enough. That it is too much.

That we don't deserve it.

That we need more on Friday? 

I don't know. 


No comments:

Post a Comment