' sede' - to give up. 'leve' - to get up. 'ale' - to go.

Monday, December 1, 2014

Hiatus

I haven't been writing as much as I used to. As much as I should. And part of it is simple. That, the day to day ongoings here. The shock of everything. Well, I'm used to it. And part of it is that it's not easy anymore. 

It's not new. I'm not in a constant wonder at my surroundings. The thrills of speaking creole, or the interactions in the market where I successfully buy vegetables.

And yet, while I don't stand in awe.

The sufferering in so many regards is much the same.

And that, I cannot get over.

This is their life.

I watch it.

And I'm a part of it.

But there's no end in sight. There's no arrival at the airport terminal.

Christmas cocktails or hugs from my parents. Kisses from my boyfriend and presents under a tree. 

There's just tomorrow. the ongoing, ever present. Living. 

And sometimes, it's so hard here, I think.

Well, what is left to say?

No comments:

Post a Comment