' sede' - to give up. 'leve' - to get up. 'ale' - to go.

Monday, March 4, 2013

Maybe Today

Today I watched the clouds come in. they bellowed and swooned. a thick warm cloak. a dripping garnish. in the middle of nowhere, in the middle of everything.  I thought, what am I afraid of? That this is it? For them? for me? And the order of things- the monotony. of life passing me by? in the clouds? on the ground. And I don't know why.

Today I watched a couple boys run down the gravel path, beating sticks against old tires. they darted and flashed about, making a racket, hollering. skidding and trying not to lose control of their tires. shrieking with glee. And I don't know why.

Today I stretched my aching shoulders. I clung to the iron rail and pulled my limbs against their will. Tears of exhaustion have been loitering under my eyelids all day. When the fog cleared in the evening I saw a kite flying. it was a black plastic bag. And I don't know why.


No comments:

Post a Comment