' sede' - to give up. 'leve' - to get up. 'ale' - to go.

Thursday, November 28, 2013

Rejoice, give thanks, and praise.

I woke up with tears lurking, behind my cheekbones, filling up my sinuses, and making my face feel a little too tight. A little too heavy.

I spoke with my parents, me in my bed. They, prior to the Thanksgiving day service.

It was not enough. It never is.

But THAT is the joy in this holiday. 

What am I missing? A day of togetherness. Where we celebrate all we are thankful for.

Primarily, each other, the love we share, and all of our abundant blessings. 

I'm missing the pie and the long walk at the river with our dogs. The smells and the fresh air. The hugs, and the knowing that this day is reserved for us. 

The beautiful table and the feeling of complete joy and contentedness. No matter what else was going on in my life. School, post college, career crisis, heartbreak, illness, growing up. All of it, any of it.

I had this family, my family, and they are perfect. 

Abundant blessings. God given, over flowing, unbelievable blessings.

And no matter where I am, 

I am SO thankful for that. 

And for you. Mom, Dad, Brie. I love you so much.

Happy Thanksgiving. 

No comments:

Post a Comment