' sede' - to give up. 'leve' - to get up. 'ale' - to go.

Friday, November 15, 2013

The cost of living

I watched a man walk along the side of the road,

He bent down and picked up a black plastic bag from the gutter, beat it against his thigh several times, held it out in appraisal, folded it up, and put it in his back pocket.

I saw 4 dead dogs on the side of the road.

I noticed a girl walking to school, holding shoes at least 4 sizes too big in her hands. She was barefoot.

Watched boys playing soccer in the street with a plastic coke bottle.

On Tuesday, a baby toddled over to me in the market and asked me if he could have a bite of what I was eating. He was two, and he was starving. 

We think, (because we are who we are.)

That it is (because) we are who we are.

But it isn't.

The cost of living is higher in some places.

It will cost you your life.

And we will never know what that feels like.

No comments:

Post a Comment