' sede' - to give up. 'leve' - to get up. 'ale' - to go.

Monday, May 13, 2013

Comfort

Are we comfortable? Are we challenged? Do we tell ourselves that we face challenges in our every day lives, full well knowing that they don't scare us?

Last night a spider the size of a tennis ball stood between me and my bed. Where did he come from.

Why.

I'm already in Haiti.

It's scary enough, I tell you!

I didn't need this.

A plan was hatched. A bucket and a mop were engaged.

It was a failed mission.

He ran off towards my bed, in between my suitcases where I assume he lays, lurking under some unworn garment.

I can feel myself cringing and telling myself he left.

He may not have.

But I cannot live in fear.

I have to face this challenge.

He forces me to.

And all I can think, is,

Elizabeth, you asshole, why did you leave so many clothes on the floor.

This is Haiti.

No comments:

Post a Comment