' sede' - to give up. 'leve' - to get up. 'ale' - to go.

Monday, May 13, 2013

Jackie

Being with Jackie is like constantly being in on the best secret.

He has an unquenchable light in his eyes.

And when something goes wrong,

Or something amuses him.

When a visitor locked the only key to their room inside, and someone else with a key to the room won't be here until Wednesday,

He explains the situation.

He calmly asks if I know where there might be more keys, or if I have a key.

I say no.

And he says, no?

I say no.

I throw up my hands and shake my head.

Jackie glances towards the sky,

And the corner of his mouth tips upward.

It's negligible,

But it's there.

He thinks it's funny.

Well, Isabelle,

What are we going to do?

'I don't know Jackie. Darn.'

Darn.

Another smile.

'Okay, thank you.'

No comments:

Post a Comment