' sede' - to give up. 'leve' - to get up. 'ale' - to go.

Sunday, November 11, 2012

Vulnerable

Is sleeping with a bathroom light on, the door locked, and in socks because you're too tired to wash your feet.

That feeling when you're dosing off and you realize you still have to get ready for bed.. And then you realize there is no running water, the water in the wash jug is frigid, you can only brush your teeth with purified water, and the 'sink' doesn't drain.

And if something were to happen. If there was a natural disaster. I don't know where I am, where to go, or how to speak the language.

I'm crossing my fingers, and saying a prayer. I used some mouth wash and splashed water on my face. Tomorrow is a new day.

I've had lymes disease. I've had my heart broken. I can handle you, Haiti.

Just not tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment