' sede' - to give up. 'leve' - to get up. 'ale' - to go.

Thursday, June 6, 2013

Ha!

Traffic lights in Haiti are optional. And it seems lanes are kind of fuzzy suggestions as well. Cars weave and drive directly down the middle of the whitelines. Turn indicators seem to be non existent, and I'm yet to find someone who wears a seatbelt.

The honking system is also an enigma. A move out of the way, I'm changing lanes, I'm coming around the curve, I'm accelerating towards pedestrians, I'm hopping a curb, I'm dodging two motorcycles to avoid falling in a pothole.

And on Sunday night, I drove myself from Petionville to Fermathe.

ME.

Horn blaring, almost killing us only a couple of times.

Life.

Always a gamble.

And worth the experience.

If only to say,

Gadé, mwen té di ou sa.

Take that.

No comments:

Post a Comment